Thứ Sáu, 17 tháng 12, 2010

Comparison and contrast essays

                                    Compare yourself now with the one 5 years ago.
Today is holiday, Sunday. When I woke up at six, it occurred to me that the weather outside was fine and I could go out all day. But then, I saw the piece of paper on my desk and I remembered I had a plan to meet my old friends. After some minutes thinking about events will happen, I suddenly remembered my old friends and me 5 years ago. I feel that I still keep my characteristics, but I have changed a lot appearance for five years.
I laughed to myself because I don’t lovely like I was before. 5 years ago, I was lovely girl who is liked by almost of boys who knew me. I have long black hair. Lots of another girl in my school admired and envied with me. They told that I wore a toupee. Now, I look terrible with bald. I let what little I have grown long and then spend it around. I hate my bald because I must spend half my life arranging it. I don’t know why I’m so sensitive about getting bald. I really fear to meet anyone. In addition, I didn’t wear near-sighted glasses 5 years ago. At that time, I always saw clearly whatever in front of me. I never thought I would wear glasses and they ought to. Even though most of students like the idea of wearing glasses because they think anyone looks like knowledge person wearing them.  As a matter of fact, I would look strange if I had my glasses on. I look like myself without them; I’d look funny within them. Moreover, after passing through serious accidents, I became ugly with scars on my face. I real suffered great misery. I felt that I was the best ugly person in the world that I never thought before.
Despite their differences, my habit is similar. I have a bad habit and that is to watch TV while I study my lessons. My parents have always reprimanded me for this fault of mine, but I’ve never listened. I’ve never been a very serious student. Somehow I just get by every time. When I came home from school, I put off my clothes, ate some snacks and took a shower. After I had dinner, I did my usual habit. I took some books out and sat in front of the TV set, turned it on and started studying. I know this bad habit of mine can’t go on forever. I’ve got to change at one time or another.
Comparing myself to what I was five years ago. I find out much differences rather than similarities. I don’t feel happier now than what I was before. Although I was disappointed and unhappy, I always believe that people will change and I will better than in the futures.

1 nhận xét: